Thursday, July 19, 2012

I've Got Chills, They're Multiplyin'!

Hey there! So if you're friends with me on Facebook you know that I've recently gotten the most amazing piece of clothing I've ever put on. That's right...disco pants! 

Now, I know that I'm  a little late on this trend in the blogging world, but I couldn't NOT have them. I ordered them from American Apparel, and even with the 15% discount code I found online, they put a pretty little dent in my bank account. However, I thought they could be justified because I can wear them all through the winter and their versatility factor is pretty high. Now that I have them, I completely agree with everyone else's reviews that rave about how wonderful they are. They're super stretchy and (as far as I can tell) they hold their shape remarkably well. No more weird gaps behind the knee! Speaking of their stretchy-ness, funny story. When I pulled them out of the package, I'm pretty sure my face dropped to the floor. They looked like little kid's pants with how short they were, and I was already apprehensive about ordering them online without being able to know if the inseam would be long enough. But these must have been meant to be, because they magically stretched perfectly to fit my height. Not sure how it happened, but I'm not going to question it!

So now that I've somehow filled this post with so much text already, I'll get to the pictures to show off my new babies!

Necklace- Sheinside
Bracelet- H&M

Now, if you were paying attention you would have noticed the "BLucas Photography" stamp in the bottom of these pictures. That would be because one of my classmates that I graduated with is a business/photography major at school to own her own photography studio and so graciously offered to help me with photos for this blog. So, be a doll and be sure to shoot me an email to forward to her, or if you know her, tell her how amazing these are! I'm looking forward to work with her in the future, because I know it's going to be a blast!

20 comments:

  1. Well styled missy!!

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Good photos, too!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHITE EYELINER. Katie, you have the kinda style I wish I had the balls to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha just go for it! Seriously, it's hard at first but eventually people stop caring :)

      Delete
    2. Chica I get nervous wearing anything other than jeans and t-shirt. ahah!

      Delete
  4. Ah this is so incredibly stunning! Especially in love with all the gold jewelry accents, it really spices up the entire outfit. Excited to see more!

    Cheers,

    Catherine
    http://grandpa-sweaters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And your blog title caught my eye, I'm for sure going to need to check it out because I LOVE wearing "grandpa" sweaters :)

      Delete
  5. Love those pants! Can't decide if I want to get the disco pants or a pair of galaxy leggings....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo tough choice. I didn't get galaxy leggings just because I knew my legs weren't thin enough to pull them off. But your would be!

      Delete
  6. I love the last photo! You look so free! I know these pants are a great investment but I'm not ready to put a dent in my pockets just yet lol. Lol @ kids pants. How tall are you?

    xo Sally
    http://goldcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5' 9 3/4" haha so I usually round and say 5' 10"

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted a pair of AA Disco Pants but even with all their miraculous stretchiness I'm not convinced they'd be long enough for me :(

    Yasmin xo
    studentwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i was so worried too but they somehow fit!

      Delete
  8. love this! very relevant title, you wear them so well!

    check out my blog? would me a lot :)
    http://monster-diaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'm always happy to check out any else's blog :)

      Delete
  9. I love these leggings, I've had the ones with zippers on the sides for years. I really like the quality and thick and comfy material from AA! You look great and she takes beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never really heard of disco pants (I live in somewhere very rural), but really like your necklace/shirt combo!

    ReplyDelete