Thursday, April 17, 2014

BEAUTY: Maybelline "Baby Skin" Review

I'm probably just a little bit late on this bandwagon since I kept myself away from Walmart, Walgreens, and all forms of online makeup ordering for a few months, but about a month and a half ago I bought the Maybelline Baby Skin "Instant Pore Eraser" after seeing raving reviews on the Benefit Porefessional. What logic is that you might ask? The kind that is $26 cheaper.


So essentially it is a clear semi-liquid gel that you smooth over a clean face to minimize your pores. I didn't dig into the science of it all, but it would appear to essentially just fill those pores. Sounds scary, I know, but I have yet to break out or have any kind of reaction to this product so it must fill them without clogging. Don't ask me how that works.

For the $5.59 price tag, this is a pretty good little product. I've always had problems with large pores (thanks, genetics) and my mistreatment of my acne when I was younger certainly didn't help. My cheeks in particular are a problem area, especially around the front of my face. Below you actually can see a difference. This was without any foundation over the top, so you will have to excuse the redness of my one cheek. However if you zero in on the pores, I certainly think they are much less visible on the side with Baby Skin on it.

Overall, I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a miracle product. It does make foundation a little slippery, and I do think it makes it wear off a little quicker since the makeup is resting on top of the gel instead of the skin or a primer. As a stand-alone face product, though, I'm in love. Days "without makeup" are a little less rough now, and a repurchase isn't out of the question. Now to try and save up for the Benefit product to try a comparison! Those of you who have tried both- is it worth it?
xoxo, Katie

6 comments:

  1. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks naturally so I'm a little surprised to see how this product (which, if I'm honest, I saw once and wrote of straight away) has made such a difference. I'm thinking I may have to pick it up now!

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has made such a difference, it sounds really good!

    http://missbethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I like this primer too. I only use it around the nose area.

    I recently did my spring outfit ideas blog post and that would be so lovely if you could check it out :) xx

    The direct link is here
    http://mayumi1992.blogspot.jp/2014/04/spring-outfit-ideas-2014.html

    Mayumi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, I think I may have to pick one up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something I would by. But they don't sell them in my country...

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about this product and may have to give it a try, thanks for the review. May I just add your eyes are such a neat color!

    ReplyDelete