Monday, October 28, 2013

Braid on Braids: Easy Autumnal Layering







Sweater- H&M
Dress- Thrifted
Rings- Forever21
Boots- Payless (WHAT?! I know, I know)

Autumnal layering is here! One of my favorite (and easiest) ways of transitioning summer clothing to fall is throwing a sweater on top of a dress. Most of the time no one even knows! I got quite a few compliments on my "skirt" when I wore this. Little did they know I was quite the trickster and it was a dress I'd worn when it was also 80 degrees out! This usually works best for dresses that already have a muted or fall color palette, but it might be a fun challenge to see how you could dress a summer colored piece for the coming months.

As the days go on, I'm realizing slowly that I'm going to need to invest in a pair of thicker (read: warmer) tights. It's already getting chillier here at school faster than it would at home and I have a feeling my $5 Walmart tights aren't going to cut it for the snow. Does anyone have an recommendations for tights that won't make my wallet scream out?

12 comments:

  1. this outfit is so cute, love your hair!! xxo
    Jamie
    www.candystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chunky knit sweater looks perfect for autumn x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous! <3

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie, love your blog- just found you and joined! Look forward to following you and your cute style. :)

    Will you join my blog?
    http://theyogalifechicago.blogspot.com/

    xoxo from Chicago :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfit is so cute. www.youthinkimreckless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute outfit! I especially love the sweater & the rings! Your nails also look amazing! You are soo pretty! :)
    I just came across this blog & I'm super happy that I did. I'm following you now & can't wait to see lots more!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is such a great example of a fall uniform and of fall layering. Don't you love being able to take pieces into all sorts of seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute outfit! I really like your skirt and jumper combo.

    Great blog hun, i just followed on bloglovin :)

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so pretty! Great outfit! :)

    xxx
    http://causeineedit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sweater! I live in the AZ desert so winter for me usually just means layering over summer dresses, but it's great because it gives you new ways to wear them without getting bored! Cute look!

    ReplyDelete