Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fall Picks - The Skater Skirt



All I've wanted recently is one of these skirts. Bright, neutral, solid, printed, I don't even care. Some of my favorites that I've found are above however. I've been having difficulty finding one that is the length I want, but I know that if it's meant to be, I'll find it. Of all the styles I've seen, I really prefer to above-knee or mid-thigh length. The shorter mini ones remind me too much of Sailor Moon (anyone else remember that?) and anything longer is too matronly. The mid-length styles really offer the most versatility as well. Tights could be layered in for the cooler seasons, but they are just as easily worn without them. Not to mention that it is a flattering silhouette on almost any figure. Don't believe me? I challenge you to go try one on. Seriously, go do it. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The same goes for shoes options with these bad boys. I've become addicted to the thought of these with a pair of oxfords, possibly a pair of cute little ballet flats, although I've never really been into those. I have been contemplating buying a simple little black or neutral pair for outfits I don't really have a perfect pair of shoes for. I've included a compilation of oxfords and flats for your viewing pleasure as well.

steve madden | charlotte russe | dorothyperkins.com | miu miu | tory burch (2)

What do you think of the skirt style? Do you have one and how do you wear it? As well, do you have any shoe preference when you wear it or have you imagined a completely different perfect pairing?

PS- Don't forget to tweet me about what you think! Tweet my twitter name (@katiegassmann) and let me know whats on your mind.

11 comments:

  1. Great post! I love your picks! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check your blog out, thanks so much for the follow!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katie! :D I found your blog off IFB and wanted to say don't get disheartened by competitor blogs! I know it's easier said than done. When I first starting my blog (Ehhhh 2 years ago? I can't remember) I was constantly walking around mumbling about how I'm wasting my time and how I'll never turn it into anything. It's true that it hasn't exploded into a million-page-view-a-month-blog but it's afforded me a lot of opportunities and brought me a lot of happiness and fun. Whenever I find myself getting into that mode, I'll stop reading blogs for a little while to tone down all the comparing. It's all about getting into your zone and producing content you'd love to see on another blog :) I hope you don't give up!

    As for these skirts and shoes, I love both styles. I think skater skirts are probably the most universally flattering and I love flats of course (what girl doesn't?) Lol

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness this was such a well thought out and amazingly thoughtful comment! It really has helped me to feel inspired and I'm so glad that you took the time to write this for me. Honestly, it means a lot. These are the kinds of comments I live for. Thank you so much!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Great picks! Like Yasmeen, I found you on IFB as well and I will take her advice into consideration cuz is very helpful!
    As for your blog, I really enjoy reading it!
    So I am following via GFC and Bloglovin! I would love if you could do the same.

    love,
    Lali

    http://lalipops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure! I just popped over there and I'm taking a look around now!

      Delete
  4. I'm checking it out right now! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skater skirts are so cute right now! I love them. I feel like they're so versatile and easy to style. Also love the selection of shoes! :)

    adlyvelasco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really loving skater skirts, just scared about whether they would suit me! And this might sound a bit strange but I really like how you do your picture posts - inspiring :)

    http://chitchat93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the skater skirts so much! one of my favorite styles. thanks for all of the section!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete