Sunday, September 9, 2012

Uh Oh Spaghetti-O's....


Hey there everyone! As you can see, this isn't going to be a regular type of post for The Style Duckling. As you can also see, I haven't posted for quite a while, and I'm here to fill you in on everything that's gotten in the way of that so you don't feel as though I've abandoned you all!

Since my last post on Thursday, August 30th, I went and visited my boyfriend for his first home football game and to spend the weekend with him and his fantastic family. Here a few little snippets from that wonderful weekend trip :)

headed to the game | his very large cat named cucumber | classic couple photo :)

However, during such trip, I started to feel a little poorly. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I know that I should have (hindsight is always 20/20...). When I came home Monday afternoon, I spoke with my doctor and he wrote a prescription for an antibiotic I have needed before, and I went along my merry way thinking I would all find and well in just a few days. How very wrong I was... By Thursday I was so ill that I bombed a math quiz because I was running such a high fever (at one point it was at 103.6!) I was practically falling over and I missed the rest of my classes the rest of the day. By Friday morning, I had to be admitted into the hospital. And here are some lovely snaps of my stay here! (Proceed with caution if you're squeamish at all of needles!)

whats keeping me alive | whats actually keeping me alive | he wanted to be in charge of the remote...

Hopefully I'll be able to go home tomorrow afternoon, but they really need to make sure a few more things are in order before they can let me leave. This is all connected to a childhood illness that I was born with that is really just a bunch of complicated terms to describe that my kidneys didn't function as they should have, and though they have grown stronger as I've grown older, I am still quite susceptible to kidney and other related infections and diseases. It's all my own fault that I'm stuck here really, since I didn't respond quite as fast as I should have. So now I'm being punished by karma to be stuck in this place all weekend! This is the first time that I've really had the strength and right state of mind to let you all know what's going on. Hopefully I'll be out of here soon and better than ever, because after my constant reading of Vogue all weekend, I'm just bursting at the seems with trends and pieces I've fallen in love with to share with you all. Off to eat a terrible lunch of hospital cafeteria food, ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment