Monday, August 27, 2012

*Beauty Review* - Revlon "Just Bitten" Lipstain

Today is two days all jammed into one! First, it's the first day I've been back from a two week hiatus (an unplanned one at that). I'm so sorry for being MIA, but everything just seems to be moving in fast forward and I can't figure out where the pause button is! School started last Monday, I'm leaving to visit Tyler on Thursday, and then when you throw in work, there is hardly time to breath, let alone blog! But hopefully now that the first week of such craziness is over, I will be able to manage my time a little bit better.
Second, today is the two month anniversary of The Style Duckling! What better way to kick it off than with a completely new kind of post: a beauty review!


Now, I know what you're saying: "Katie, that's orange!", and that was my first reaction as well. I usually don't wear lip color, but after a review from the lovely Louise over at Sprinkle of Glitter, I thought ya know, I'm just going to go for it! And thank goodness that I did.

The first thing that I noticed about this is that is glides on like a dream. It really is a "balm stain" like the packaging says. It's very creamy and smooth to apply. When I first put it on, I thought that it was a little transparent in color, since I'm really used to my red lipstick, but just wait. After just five minutes it had completely taken hold on my lips and was this beautiful coral orange. It's not an obnoxious color, honest, and I really think it would look pretty good on most skin tones. Then again, I really only know my own which is pretty fair.

The packaging is just this simple stick, and I'm guessing that once I use what's twisted up that I'm finished. I've never had a stick like this before, so I guess I'll be finding out. As a whole, I'd have to say that I'm in love with this first product I'm reviewing. I've been wearing it non-stop, so it's highly possible all of my classmates think my lips are naturally orange...

Color: "Rendezvous"
Available at: Walgreen, Walmart, Ulta, etc.
Price: $7.59 at Walmart

Have you tried this or any other colors from the "Just Bitten" line? Have you tried a similar color before? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad you posted this, since I was debating whether to buy one of these lip stain balms. I was eyeing the same color as well :)
    Yay!

    Greetings from the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete