Tuesday, July 15, 2014

OOTD: I Feel Naked

It's a weird thing, posting a picture of your wearing clothes on a fashion blog because you feel naked. I mean, does it defeat the purpose? Or am I just so hipster that wearing clothing that makes me feel clothed is too mainstream? Oh, the many questions that come with this post.




Dress- LUXE
Shoes- Steve Madden
Purse- Kate Spade
Sunglasses- Target

But in all seriousness- this "dress" is supposed to be a dress. Again, I'm not making much sense. However, it's because I'm so tall (and the fact that it's designed after what I can only presume is a toddler's dress from the 1960's) that this dress is more like a tunic, but really too long to be a tunic and much too long to be a shirt. So I just told myself I was channeling my inner 1970s plane stewardess and went for it.

I lasted about two hours. It's just so uncomfortable to feel this exposed! Even with shorts on underneath I felt like every eye was on me (my Millennial mentality is kicking in there) and the back of my legs. It was super fun while it lasted, though. It almost makes me wish I'd been a teen in the 60s and 70s-almost.

And before I go, I'm pretty sure the lady across the street from me hates me after taking that last picture. I didn't realize it was her actual driveway because it leads into this run down shack-like building that I NEVER see cars in. I just assumed it wasn't in use anymore. Fair game, right? Wrong, apparently, because as I was snapping this last picture her car came tearing around the corner and almost ran me over. As if taking pictures of yourself in public wasn't awkward enough...
xoxo, Katie

PS- Let's all just take a minute to look at my purse. I'm pretty obsessed with it at the moment- so much so that I'm going to do a review post about it sometime in the coming week. My love for quality leather goods knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment