Thursday, July 3, 2014

BEAUTY: Covergirl Outlast "Stay Fabulous" 3-in-1 Foundation Reivew


One of the best and worst things about being a blogger is people buying you random products for presents. This foundation wasn't even on my radar when my grandma (who is the best beauty gift giver- just mention something and she will almost always get exactly what you asked for) slipped this into my Easter basket a few months back. She had remembered me talking about wanting to try new foundations, and voila! It appeared. It sat in my makeup drawer for about a month until I picked it up the beginning of June, and after having tried it more than once, I think I can give a pretty solid opinion on this.

Pros:
-Packaging
-Price
-Coverage
-Wear
-Blends well

Cons:
-Matte finish
-Shade matching
-Thickness

Over all, I'd say this is a pretty decent foundation. The pump makes it super easy to get the product out, and the glass bottle is quite nice for a drugstore foundation. The price is less than $10 at Wal-mart, and I even found it at Target for less than $7.

The actual foundation itself has a medium to buildable full coverage, which is heavier than I usually go for. The formula was noticeably thick (thank God for the pump), and I certainly wouldn't apply this with a flat foundation brush unless you want to look quite painted. Having said that, it blends out to a nice level with a little work, and if matched to your skin correctly won't leave an embarrassing line along your jaw.

And on that note, I did NOT have the right shade in this. It was much too light. Rarely do I wear a any color darker than the 2nd shade, but this looked ghostly on me, even with bronzer. I checked online and this is the lightest shade, but boy is it light. The matte finish didn't help that either. I usually prefer a dewy look, and at least a neutral, but this set almost powdery. I didn't notice any accentuation of fine lines or settling into creases, though, which I've noticed can be a problem with matte foundations. It lasted most of my work day, but if I planned to do anything afterward it would require minimal touching up.

Over all, it's worth a shot, especially if you prefer this kind of finish. I'm usually all about letting my natural freckles shine through, but if there ever comes a time when I want something a little more covered, I very well could find myself reaching for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment