Saturday, August 23, 2014

STYLE: Lands' End Haul

It is undeniable that one of the best parts about working in fashion is getting a discount on all the clothes you were going to buy anyway. I mean, apart from the fact that you're doing something you love every day...disclaimer: no one go into the fashion industry just for discounted things. It's not really that big of a deal.

But actually it is.

So anyway, since my internship ended on Wednesday (see some of my tweets about it on Twitter or view my farewell blog post here), I spent the week prior finding anything and everything I felt that I needed before I left. Most of the items there tend to skew a little older (and by that I mean 35+) but there are quite a few classic things that never go out of style, regardless of age. Take the puffer vest above. It's technically a "uniform" piece, but who doesn't love a good down vest to throw over a sweater on chilly fall nights? It's going to be absolutely perfect. 

Another easy item was the pair of flip flops. They were on super clearance as all the fall collection items have already gone online, but a pair of tan leather and gold flip flops are going to be perfect for any summer. I've already worn them a couple of times, and they do rub a bit if you're going to be doing any long haul walking, but they're perfect for when you want a laid back sandal. I used to just go crazy and buy 10 pairs of $1 flip flops at the Old Navy sale, but by next summer I'll be 22 and out of college (as if that is so old) and I feel like I need to at least own a pair of nice flip flops that don't reflect the dirt cheap price. 
Moving on to something a little more seasonably appropriate, this pair of suede booties could not be passed up. These aren't something I would usually pick up, I don't have the money to spring for the full priced version (even though the quality is completely worth it), but these were actually a pair that they used for a photo shoot so their price was majorly discounted! Some people might be weirded out by wearing shoes someone else has already worn, but my theory is that if a model wore them, then I'll look more model-esque by virtue of having the same pair. This somewhat flawed logic is also supported by the fact that I'm 100% certain she didn't wear them for more than a couple hours. So whichever camp of logic you fall into, it's a win.
And my last, and potentially favorite, purchase is this adorable iPad case. Some of you who follow me on Twitter might already know that last semester I won an iPad through a contest at school, and I've been avoiding carrying it anywhere because I hadn't found a case I really cared much for. I don't like cases that make things significantly heavier, but also wanted something that would protect the front and back panels. Voila! This hilariously adorable penguin case pretty well just fell into my lap, so I couldn't pass it up. The materials are a little heavy for the summer months, but come October the velour backing and thick stitch front will fit quite nicely into a brown leather handbag.

That is all I have to show for my shopping trip through the company, but not for a lack of findings. I just knew I wouldn't have too much space in my car to pack much else. Either way, I'm quite pleased with what I have, and I'll be repping Lands' End across campus this year, that is for sure!
xoxo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment