Sunday, August 17, 2014

STYLE: Pre-Wedding Shopping Haul

Why hello little readers of mine (all 12 of you left at this point if I'm lucky). Over this weekend I had quite a bit of shopping to do. My step-sister is getting married in The Big Apple this coming week, and the whole gang is flying out there to celebrate. Naturally then, I needed to make sure I looked the part of a fashion student and part time blogger if or when people asked me what I was up to! The above picture is a reflection of the places I went, and while I don't think it's necessary to air out the undergarments I purchased, I will highlight the other treasures I found.
At some point in stumbling through the Internet I think I watched some video about "fashion people" and how they make fun of people who wear ALDO shoes. Am I making this up? Has anyone else seen it? Well that was quite some time ago, but for some reason it had stuck in my much younger mind and I'd subconsciously avoided the place since then.

Well the allure of 50% off clearance shoes was too much to walk by despite my irrational aversion, and I am so happy I crossed that barrier. These bad boys were a complete steal, and the last pair in the entire store. Consequently they are a little bit scruff on the upper section (some sort of very finely cut and brushed suede) but how could I pass them up? I feel so fancy and posh (apparently I'm British now) walking around in these. I have yet to ACTUALLY wear them, however, so the true test is still to come.
So even though I know he was only trying to make a couple extra bucks, the salesman slipped these bad boys into the front of the shoes and I just went for it. I mean, it can't hurt to have a little extra cushion, especially since I'll surely be wearing them for at least a couple of hours at a time. 
The next little gems on the list are my purchases from H&M, and while it may look like I purchased a t-shirt, and Muppet, and a clutch from the 80s, you are oh so wrong.

That maroon blob is really a t-shirt "dress" with the fancy little pre-cuffed sleeves. I put quotations around the word dress simply because it is definitely intended to be a dress on most people, but on me it is of questionable length, especially when I move my arms at all. I might risk wearing it as a dress, but more than likely it'll be thrown over a pair of leggings and layered with necklaces for a super comfy lounge day that doesn't look so sloppy.
Secondly, this jacket is now the #1 reason I can't wait for chillier temperatures. It's a cardigan/collarless jacket that is just so fluffy and textured that it will make just about any outfit feel a little more elevated without being uncomfortable. I've seen more than a few fluffy cardigans floating around the bloggersphere, and I needed to get my hands on one before the weather cooled off. Also- it was only clearance! $40 cardigan for $10 + the 15% student discount. Yes, please.
Last, but never least, is this clutch/bag I also snagged from the clearance aisle. The one side is a velveteen/faux fur and the other is a pretty nice quality faux leather. The zipper is pretty sturdy for H&M standards, but I'll definitely be taking off the gold rope chain. It makes the bag look cheap with the bright gold color, and I really wanted this for a clutch to carry to the festivities anyway- it's a win win!

So I hope you all enjoyed reading a little about what I've bought recently. I actually have another haul coming up last in the week of some things I've bought from my internship company before my discount runs out. Can't pass that up right? But I'm finding it so difficult to photograph clothing hauls! It all just seems to come out looking amateur and rather unprofessional. Please leave me any tips you have in the comments!
xoxo, Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment