Wednesday, August 20, 2014

STYLE: The Big Game

I would be hard pressed to be able to count the number of times the start of the football season will soon be upon us. Little did I know when I attached myself to my boyfriend how intense his love for Bears football would be, but it didn't take THAT long for me to catch the bug a little bit (ok, it's taken me almost a year, but common, you can't expect too much out of me). When Fanatics emailed me asking me to create a game day outfit for my favorite football team, I knew immediately that I had to do a good job. I would be disowned and left out of all the good game day food if I didn't do the jersey justice. Hopefully this outfit will do the team proud.


Thankfully I wasn't forced to work with a men's jersey (there is literally no flattering way for a woman to wear one of those...unless it doesn't involve pants), but even with the updated women's cut I wanted to take it a step further. A toned down pair of camo pants in a super skinny fit are feminine, but still mean business, and a pair of orange sneakers were literally the perfect fit. Let's be real, ladies, no matter how sexy you look in those heels, they just aren't going to end well after those beers at the tailgate. Adding a white leather jacket might seem a little risky, but getting one for $30 from H&M will mean that it wipes clean and won't be a tragedy if it collects a little hot dog mustard.

Probably my favorite piece from this outfit is the Alex and Ani bangle. Ever since I saw some of my fellow interns wearing all of their different versions, I've been dying to get my hands on a couple. This Bears version is one I might just be able to talk my boyfriend into buying for me...

All in all, I'm actually dying to buy this outfit now. Hang out with the guys, but still look like a girl with minimal effort and maximum comfort. What do you wear on game days?
xoxo, Katie
 
Disclaimer: No compensation has been provided for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment