Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Recommended Reading (and watching!)

My my, what a bad blogger I've been. It's been so long :( I honestly have no other excuse except that I haven't made time for this like I should be. Admittedly it's been busy with the holidays and my birthday (I turned....20 *shudder* OLD) and now finals are quickly approaching. But tons of other bloggers manage so why shouldn't I?!

So since I know I won't be making another post until finals are over (next week, thank the Lord), I've been inspired by all my professors who continue to give us "recommended break reading" even though we all know none of us will do it. So I'm here to recommend some of my favorite bloggers in hopes that you might pay them a visit in my absence.

author: Kavita
style: embelished grunge


She is actually the first blogger I really started to follow a while back. In the last 6 months her career has really taken off, and she owns an *incredible* eBay shop called YouWearFashion where she handpicks vintage items and remakes them. She had a great sense of style and frequently updates. Definitely worth adding to your frequently visited tab!


author: Breanne
style: sweet and cozy


This lady is a Canadian gem I stumbled upon by sheer circumstance and I'm glad I did because she's one of my favorites now. She also owns a shop, but her's is on Etsy. She makes the sweetest skirts and especially cute leggings with little leather heart patches on the knees *squee*! Many of her posts include inspirations and other bobbles besides her outfits so it's great if you're not into strictly outfit-post blogs.


Suburban Faux-Pas
author: Krystin
style: trendy chic


Yet another Canadian author, but with a completely different twist. In her 'about' page she says that she followed her husband to the suburbs, and that her blog is a collection of outfits that have shocked the neighbors. Love it!


Youtubers

I know that these aren't blogs, but both of these lovely ladies run blogs in addition to Youtube channels, and every time I rediscover them I just cannot get enough! Zoe (or Zoella) and Louise (or Sprinkle of Glitter) are best friends (courtesy of the blogging world!) and both run similar beauty and lifestyle blogs and Youtube channels. I've purchased many a product thanks to these two ladies.

 Louise is married with the most darling baby, so her videos and blogs do include things like that, but I still enjoy them even as a non-mother watcher. Both are hilarious, lovable women and deserve a check out! (If you haven't already. Both are widely popular)

Zoella (Youtube link)
Zoella (blog link)



Sprinkle of Glitter (Youtube link)
Sprinkle of Glitter (Blog link)


3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the information. I love it!
    Glad I found this. :D
    Let's follow each other if you like.

    tasiawijayanti.blogspot.com
    Hope to hear from you soon. See you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'll head on over and check out your blog now! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!
    I'm so obsessed with youtube beauty gurus lately, that I don't even watch regular TV anymore!
    And I LOVED St. Louis, wish I could move there :)

    Greetings from the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete