Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a Wrap: 2013 Review and 2014 Wishes

I had no idea what kind of year 2013 would bring when I wrote my very first post of the year last year (here's a picture from that post and a link here in case you'd forgotten).


On a larger scale, 2013 saw me transfer schools and finally get my toe in on a major I truly love. It held the end of one poor relationship and the beginning of one very lovely one. I met people I never could have imagined, made connections I'll hopefully never lose, and . On a light note, my hair grew (although it may be hard to tell), I furthered my nail polish collection, and acquired a serious love for lipstick.


Here was the last picture from 2013, and the first picture of 2014 is still yet to be determined. Maybe there will be another post later today? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do know that I have a few simple resolutions for the new year. Who knows how well I'll stick to them, but it doesn't hurt to outline them, right?

In 2014 I want to...

Eat well, exercise regularly- Cliche, yes, but there is literally nothing negative from this one. Our bodies don't need the processed, fatty, sugary, starchy foods that saturate our society (especially as Americans) and I can only benefit from striving to eat more REAL food. As for exercise, I've gotten quite a bit better at this in the last few months of 2013 so hopefully I can only move up from here! And having a trainer that is invested in me doesn't hurt ;)

Travel More- That's what your 20s are all about right?! At least that's what I keep reading everywhere.

Worry Less (especially about money) - I am a constant worrier, especially about money. I'd like to just relax and let this be as they are. Worrying won't change the situation- actions will.

Not Gain Weight- I don't want to say "lose weight" because not only does that not really do much, but it doesn't mean much at this point. I just want to see my 22nd birthday at the same weight or smaller than I was at my 21st

ps- Keep your eyes peeled for a VERY exciting post tomorrow. 2014 is looking to be a pretty good year for the blog already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment