Monday, September 16, 2013

Liebster Award...round 2?!

I've been nominated for another Liebster Award! Ahhh! I feel so giddy and bubbly to the point of goofiness when things like this happen. It just solidifies in my mind that maybe you all really DO like me! *cue Academy Awards speech cliche*
For those of you who don't know, a Liebster Award is a virtual appreciation to bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. The presenter of the award issues 11 questions for the nominees to answer on their own blog, and then the nominees become the presenters by choosing 11 new small blogs to give 11 new questions to...ya follow?

So here are the 11 questions given to me by Laura at Fashion For 21 and the 10 given by Charley at Beauty Robot


1. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
-Most people on the internet might be surprised to know that I'm pretty tall for a woman- 5'10" to be exact. That's a difficult attribute to show in photos that don't usually include other people.

2. What's your favourite beauty product?
-Right now it's the NYX Butter Gloss. They smell INCREDIBLE, like sugar cookies. They're not sticky, and at $4.99 it's hard to not buy all of them, haha

3. Do you follow trends, or set your own?
-I like to think I set my own, but it never fails that in about 6 months I see people catching on and wearing similar pieces/patterns/cuts. That's usually my cue to head back to the thrift store and find a new quirky item!

4. What's been your biggest fashion/beauty mistake?
-This is a fantastic question. I think it would have to be wearing short shorts in the winter with tights. There is a certain way to pull off shorts in the winter, but teeny-tiny denim is NOT the way to go.

5. One thing you would tell your younger self.
- PLAN AHEAD. To this day I don't take my own advice on that, but I think so much of my college experience would have been different had I planned better. Although I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't all supposed to turn out like this in the first place.
6. Who's your biggest inspiration?
- I absolutely ADORE Jenn (ClothesEncounters) and Sammi (BeautyCrush) in terms of style and makeup (both on Youtube), and Judy (ItsJudyTime and ItsJudysLife) in terms of relationships and lifestyle. I also adore Marion from Marionberry Style.

7. What's your favourite thing about yourself?
-Probably my hair. It's a pain in the butt, but unique.

8. What's your wildest ambition/dream?
-Move to LA, earn a living as a stylist/blogger/author/speaker, and travel the world for both work and personal pleasure.

9. Worst beauty product you've ever used?
-Kate Moss lipstick in shade 113. Terrible, terrible, terrible. That or Covergirl Lashblast Length. 

10. Would you rather have 10 cheap items or 1 good quality but expensive item?
-It would depend on the item. Shoes, jeans, and makeup I would probably say one good quality item. Things like tops, trendy accessories, and other little things I would take the cheap version of.

11. Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed?
- I think of it like this- either way it's about confidence in yourself and not letting other's opinions of your attire effect how you enjoy whatever it is your attending. Having said that, I suppose I would rather be overdressed.

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Mostly I just wanted somewhere to share my outfits and inspiration since none of my friends really had the patience anymore to talk about what I was obsessing over, haha

2. Describe your style in three words:
Grunge, girly, confused

3. If you were given £1000 to spend, would you choose clothes only or beauty only?
This is tough...I guess probably clothes only.

4. Favourite band/artist at the moment?
I've been obsessed with all the 90s alternative lately, even though that's really my all time favorite genre

5. Would you rather never wear makeup, or never be able to remove it?
Would my skin hate me for never being able to remove it? If not, then I guess never remove it.

6. If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you?
Jennifer Lawrence! She's so chill, I would love to hear her interviews about what it was like to play me, haha

7. What's your favourite brand for skincare?
Probably St. Ives, although I'm not particularly loyal to any one brand.

8. If you could only wear one colour on your nails forever, what would it be?
Black.

9. You're trapped on a desert island - what three items would you take?
I hate this question...but if I had to pick it would be a bed (I'm super crabby if I don't sleep well), my laptop, and a mobile hot spot, haha.

10. What trends are you looking forward to this AW13?
I'm not sure that its a particular trend, but I love all the different textures that pop up during A/W. The return of (faux) fur and velvet is quite enticing.

Alrighty, now here are MY 11 questions

1. What do you most want to improve in the next 6 months?
2. What items do you put on your face every day?
3. Do you have a rule you follow about accessorizing?
4. Skinny jeans or boyfriend jeans?
5. Would you rather never read books again or never watch tv?
6. What's the wackiest true story about yourself that you can think of right now?
7. Are you ready for the last month of summer or are you dreading fall?
8. If you could only shop one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
9. Do you have any fashion regrets?
10. Do you prefer to work as a blogger in silence or with music/tv/people?
11. If you could get your hands on ANY item RIGHT now from your wish list, what would you want?

My nominees are...

It's actually quite hard to find anyone with less than 200 followers...most everyone that I regularly read that started out small has now gotten popular up into the thousands even! So congrats to them! I'll be searching around for a few more people to nominate (probably via twitter) so if you want to send me a link like "hey! I have fewer than 200 followers! Check me out!" I'd really appreciate it :) My twitter is @styleduckling

Big thanks to Laura and Charley for giving me this award, and I can't wait to read everyone's responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment